Monday, January 17, 2011

And the Rooster Crows...and Crows...and Crows!

There are chickens everywhere--they even come in the house if you leave the patio door open.  And it seems that most are roosters, LOUD roosters, I might add.  Roosters that crow around the clock.  Apparently, someone brought them to the island on some ship, some escaped, there are no natural predators and they have continued to run over the island since.  One loud guy likes to hang out near the lanai, especially in the morning when I'm quietly having coffee and trying to wake up.  This morning, I got him!  Well, actually I missed him, but I DID get his crow!  (Play all night for full effect.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure glad Goshen Squirrels are silent critters...
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I ever tell you how much I love roosters? I mean, the crowing?!!! I wish my neighbors had one! Lucky you. :-)
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete