Thursday, January 13, 2011

FOOD!

rumbutan (related to the lychee)

Starfruit
As you can tell from my writings and my photos, I'm NOT catching on how to get everything where I want it on these posts!  I'm a s-l-o-w learner when it comes to computer stuff. And after trying for way too long to try and get more photos in that top blank space, I'M DONE!!
 But it's time to talk about food!  Today was Farmer's Market at Kilauea.  It opens at 4:30, but people begin lining up in front of their favorite vendors at 4:00 and when the bell rings (promptly at 4:30), everyone starts grabbing and paying and the food disappears quite quickly.  Especially for us mainlanders who haven't quite figured out the system.  We buy salad fixin's and local fruits and usually eat that in the evening.  At noon we often go out and try a new spot we've heard of.  Went to one of our favorites today--The Fish Market at Kilauea.  The lines are long and it's hard to find a place to sit but the ahi wraps are as delicious this year as they were last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment