Thursday, January 20, 2011

WAIMEA CANYON-"the Grand Canyon of the Pacific"

The drive to Waimea Canyon is often rainy and often the clouds move in and all one can see is "white".  BUT NOT TODAY!  It was clear and gorgeous and the views were spectacular!
Looking down towards the Na Pali coast

Bob was determined to do the 1 mile hike to Pihea Vista, but after about 1/2 mile, saw it was not gonna work.  The path is not level and the red mud is slick in spots.  He sat and waited and I decided to go the rest of the way.  But he still got a really good workout!





Some of the path on the hiking trail to Pihea Vista.  Could you hear me puffing?  Was a good reminder that I'm NOT in shape!











I MADE IT!  It took an hour for me to get to the top and back to where Bob was--but the view was worth it.
The view from Pihea Vista








No comments:

Post a Comment